More Recent Comments

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Legion of Honor: San Francisco

 
Last Sunday we visited the Legion of Honor art museum in San Francisco. We went specifically to see the Annie Leibovitz: A Photographer’s Life, 1990–2005 exhibit but there were lots of other wonderful sights to see. The building is a 3/4 scale copy of the Palais de la Légion d’Honneur in Paris.

There are two works of art in the main courtyard. The most impressive is a casting of Rodin's Thinker, which I interpret to be an icon for rationalism and a warning to creationists. The second is clearly an impressionist view of the Flying Spaghetti Monster





2 comments :

Anonymous said...

"FSM" - I love Chihuly. My brother had a piece or two that unfortunately fell victim to theft.

I also love that museum and Leibovitz, so I'm jealous here in the Eastern U.S.!

idahogie said...

Right behind the Legion of Honor is the Exploratorium - a great hands-on science museum for kids. I love that place.